IMPORT TRAFFIC SPECIALIST Position available at our Grand Rapids (GRR Office)!
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
Coordinate services for import shipments in a timely manner:
- Trace and arrange shipping, if needed, from basic information received.
- Secure shipping documents and determines services needed.
- Determine charges due and who is responsible.
- Refer to and update customer master file as needed.
- Process shipments and arrange pickup as needed.
- Keep customer informed of shipment status.
Prepares and processes import documents (ACE and non-ACE functions); processes billing and close out file.
- The work environment is an office environment. Occasionally the position will require the interaction with the warehouse and trucking operations. This position requires that safety and alertness is used in all transit of areas outside of the office environment.
- Great customer service skills
- High School or equivalent experience
- Prior related experience preferred
- Strong Microsoft Office Digital literacy
- Ability to work in high intensity, fast-paced environment
- Salary based upon experience. Benefits include medical, dental, disability and life insurance.
We are looking for a highly detail oriented, customer focused, team player who is comfortable handling the challenges facing the modern supply chain industry and are now actively taking applications.