Licensed Customs Broker Position available at our Detroit Headquarters (DTW Office)!
The main responsibilities of the Licensed Customs Broker position is to facilitate the import of goods and to ensure regulations are followed. The responsibilities will including but are not limited to:
- Process paperwork and resolve inquiries relative to US import shipments with respect to: Classification, 19 CFR, Partnering Government Agencies, Exclusions, and ADA/CVD
- Communicate internally with Traffic department to ensure timely clearance of shipments to prevent unnecessary delays
- Recognize and resolve documentation errors
- Maintain accurate classification history and client databases to guarantee audit integrity
- The work environment is an office environment. Occasionally the position will require the interaction with the warehouse and trucking operations. This position requires that safety and alertness is used in all transit of areas outside of the office environment.
- Great customer service skills
- 1 year of related work experience
- Strong computer and typing skills
- Strong Microsoft Office Digital literacy
- Ability to work in high intensity, fast-paced environment
- Ability to multitask, prioritize workload and remain organized
- Salary based upon experience. Benefits include medical, dental, disability and life insurance.
We are looking for a highly detail oriented, customer focused, team player who is comfortable handling the challenges facing the modern supply chain industry and are now actively taking applications.